Cancers of the Mouth
Oral cancers are malignant tumours that can affect many areas of the mouth, including the lips, the tongue, and the pharynx.
- Wounds or ulcers that do not heal within two weeks.
- Growths on the lips.
- Red or white marks on the lips, the tongue, or on the edges of the lips.
- There are, of course, other cases that can present themselves with the same symptoms. It is recommended to self examine the mouth from time to time, and to consult a health professional if any of the symptoms mentioned present themselves. Regular dental exams allow the detection of these lesions.
- Completely stopping the use of tobacco products.
- Moderate consumption of alcohol.
- Regular dental exams.
- More frequent checkups for people who have previously had other cancers, or if they have a deficient immune system.
Dental and oral problems